Saturday 1 June 2013

Chocolate Pick Me Up

Had my first chocolate yesterday for a while, not really by choice, but necessity... the kids kindly brought home something from kinder which meant we needed to 'treat' the whole family...

You can pick up some great things at kinder other than just your kids, like colourful artwork (lots of), funny anecdotes of their conversations which brighten your day, new friendships & even gossip.  But your kids pick up far more... knowledge, independence, bad behaviours, swear words, appauling table manners & dislikes to food they've never even tried because little johnny doesn't like it, but even better than those - gastroenteritis, headlice & now pinworms. Oh what a fun year its been!  So yes our 'reward' for making it this far were worming tablets - which come in the form of chocolate squares... Now if I wasn't already adverse enough to chocolate due to its fructose content the reminder of this now helps me more!!

Also yesterday Dextrose sold out in my local Big W, so when the helpful assistant asked if I wanted it because of the sugar-free books, I said hell yeah!  She then got a 10min reasoning to why they are so good, my successful weight-loss & improved health due to them.

It seems changes are afoot, people are showing this feet first with their shopping habits.  Not only has dextrose been running out of the door, but the sugar-free books are among the bestsellers & I was unable to renew Toxic Oil at the library as there's a queue for it... & I had been the first to order it in.  I'm now hooked on it anyway so I've bought my own copy, along with the new Sweet Poison Quit Plan Cookbook.  So much for saving my money until I get back from holiday... ahh well at least I can just tell more people the otherside of the world about all of them now & test out some recipes before I go to bake there too. 

Given the taste for chocolate, I fancied baking something chocolatey today (with cocoa), but with limited dextrose left I chose a recipe that used very little & halved it to make a small batch of Choc-Nana Muffins from Hungry Tums recipe book.  The kids were in heaven as I rarely make icing, but these cute mini muffins deserved the added extra.  The recipe was quick & easy, even making the icing sugar (dextrose).  As I was using mini cases I also reduced the cooking time (a lesson learned from previous downsizing of recipes!)




No comments:

Post a Comment