Monday 20 May 2013

Fructose Friendly Party Food

I thought a follow up to my party rant was to post some useful types of party treats you could try to make more fructose friendly food to give guests, particularly mini(beast) guests.

These are some snaps of food from my kids last party which was bug themed:

*

Snail Scrolls with Cheese & Marmite ;  *Spider Eggs (Olives)  ;  Cheese & Grape Butterflies

I know the grapes are probably high up there as fructose goes, but you could make more savoury with olives, or choose blueberries instead - even cheese balls crisps.

I also made ladybugs - some dextrose biscuits, which I topped green dextrose/coconut icing with 2 pieces of quartered strawberries as wings & a blueberry for head. These were devoured before I had chance to photograph. Another time I think I'd opt for a savoury version - crackers, cream cheese, cherry tomato, black olive & sprinkled chia seeds.

* Not my photo, but I did make some of these - just forgot to photograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment