Tuesday 7 May 2013

Not so sweet

For anyone wondering how the Anzacs turned out - the texture was awesome & the xanthum gum certainly helped prevent crumbliness of the usual GF disasters I bake. Flavourwise though they definitely did not taste sweet... I did use Glucose Syrup ilo Rice Malt Syrup & maybe that was the issue, but another time I would combine the Sweet Poison & This is Taryn recipes & included Dextrose for a bit of sweetness & traditional oats (given that I'm only Wheat-free).

I picked up David Gillespies Toxic Oil from the library today so am hoping that sheds some light into the nasties of fats & leads me down a path more healthy. Cutting the fructose has definitely enabled me to lose some weight & prevent further weight gain, but I am struggling to lose that little extra to be in a healthier BMI and a lesser dress size. This could be down to portion size or just those weaknesses of mine... chips & crisps, which I seem to have convinced myself are acceptable non-fructose, but know they are not really "healthy" alternatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment